Marketing your Tour Website for leads
Do you want to increase your bookings and make more sales from your tour website? Want to guarantee a steady growth of your tour business? SEO(search engine optimization) can get you there!
So what is SEO? SEO is a set of steps you can follow to optimize your tour website for Google searches.
Why is Tour SEO important?
As a tour operator you have a website and probably new to SEO and Digital Marketing. Let’s first ensure you understand why SEO is important for your website’s success and what are the benefits of SEO for your business.
Why should someone in the tourism business care about SEO?
1. Getting more leads from Google or Bing
SEO is there to help your website appear and rank higher on search engine result pages( SERPs) for keywords related to your business or industry.
Let’s take an example, when a traveler decides to go on a Krugerpark holiday, first they open Google/Bing and types “kruger national park packages”. Those websites that are optimized for SEO will appear first in the results page(after paid adverts) an ultimately get this customer coming to their website as a qualified lead. Currently close to 200 tourists search this keyword per month, so a website that’s not got SEO misses these leads.
Google’s research study on the behavior of ‘travelers’ showed that a large percentage of people begin their travel and booking process through search engines
Therefore, if your website does not rank high for your tour keywords, you are missing out on a large percentage of travelers to your competitors.
2. SEO is more cost effective vs PPC(Paid Advertising)
Tour websites that don’t implement SEO, won’t appear in the top results organically however they can still get traffic from those searches through paid advertising and in particular Google AdWords.
PPC is not a bad at all as it is one of the best ways to get targeted traffic to your website quickly(if done correctly) but in the long term is not as cost effective compared to SEO.
You probably wondering why this is? When you need more business with Adwords, your costs increase but with SEO you pay one standard fee monthly.
Also for every visitor you get from AdWords, you will have to pay a few rands per click and depending on your daily budget, it can minimize your traffic and lower your conversion rates.
SEO can be less expensive and in the long term is a better investment than PPC.
3. Guaranteed business growth with SEO
Imagine how many bookings or leads you could get if you had 100 people visiting your tour blog or website every single day? How could this change your plans? Add more keywords and you get more traffic.
I’ve been working in the SEO for a few years now and know from experience that a constant flow of targeted traffic can really transform your tour business and create opportunities for growth.
So if you want to market your business online successfully today you Digital marketing and SEO. Need SEO Company to help you – email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to work with you.
SEO for your business - Tips
- Create a GMB(Google my business) page
- Include good photos of your business, happy people on holiday and special deals/offers on the homepage
- Menus – Create a good structured menu
- Headings – include keywords in each heading on each page
- Breadcrumbs – place at the top of the page giving users and search engines an easy way to go back to the ‘Area Pages’. For example, the breadcrumb of a wine tour in Cape Town should look like this: Home >> Capetown>> Wine Tours >> Day tour
- Tour website should have an active social media presence
- Start a blog
- Make sure your website is secure with “Https” certificate
- Your tour site must be mobile friendly
- Check site speed to ensure it loads quickly
ENJOYED WHAT YOU’VE READ?
Sign up for our monthly marketing updates and never miss a post.